CARE COORDINATION HCPA program for children & youth with special health care needs
Tech Concerns from Common Sense Media
When asked what traits parents would like their children to have now and as adults, one of the most common responses is “to be responsible.” This is a broad term which means many different things, including:
- being dependable so people know they can count on you,
- keeping one’s word and agreements,
- meeting one’s commitments,
- doing something to the best of one’s ability,
- being accountable for one’s behavior,
- accepting credit when you do things right and acknowledging mistakes,
- being a contributing member of one’s family, community and society.
Being responsible is a key to children’s success both in school and in the larger world when they grow up.